Friday, May 6, 2011

BP2_Prezi

This week I discovered a new presentation tool. This tool is called Prezi. I discovered it through a search for presentations. In my classes we are getting close to creating a final presentation and we use keynote or Power Point to create these presentations.  They work well but the students tend to get carried away with all of the visual effects to make their presentations more visually appealing. I teach Art classes and I understand their desire to make things more appealing to the eye. I was also looking for a tool that they could continue work at school and home to get things done in a timely manner. 

I went to the website http://prezi.com and watched numerous examples of the endless possibilities available for presentations. You are able to insert images, clip art, videos, you tube videos, and music into your presentations. There are no set templates for creating your presentation. You start placing your items on the page, arrange them on your page, change sizes of items, rotate, add shapes, and complete all items for your presentation. Once that is complete you want to create a path, this allows you to choose how you will navigate through you Prezi. Just like completing a Power Point, you view your Prezi and click you will flow right through.

You are able to download your Prezi, post it to a blog, or send a link for online access to your Prezi.  Not only will this be a useful tool for presentations but also you can create a portfolio or a visual resume through this tool.  This is something I find useful since I teach Art you want to have students put together a body of work that represents them and you are not limited to what you are able to place in the portfolio with the many file formats that you are able to insert.

If you click the link below for a brief example of how it works:



1 comment:

  1. Stacy, this is a great tool and my students used it for the first time this past week in my class. They figured out a way to have more than one person working on a prezi at time which I didn't know you could do. Each person on the person looked like Rocky and Bullwinkle so they knew what each other was working on in the prezi. It was fun and productive.

    ReplyDelete