Wednesday, May 18, 2011

PE6_Dreamweaver

I have always wanted to learn how to design and create my own website, so for this weeks activity I went onto Lynda started the tutorial Creating a First Website using Dreamweaver CS5. I can tell this is going to need a very extensive study to understand how this program works. The instructor was very thorough explaining what goes into a website and the explanation html was very helpful. I have worked with Photoshop and Illustrator but have not created for the web before. As with most Adobe software I think the knowledge that I will get from the 2 hour and 18 minutes of tutorials is just going to scratch the surface of what is possible with this program.
The first thing that is explained is that you must have a plan for your layout and you want to have all of your files together before you start to create your website. Once that is together you are ready to begin. I have downloaded the exercise files and plan to follow along with the tutorials to help me through this for the first time.
I can say that this is now my second set of instructional videos with Lynda and I am enjoying how the instructors are clearly explaining what they are doing and why. I usually get frustrated with some of the companies that put out tutorials and tell you what to do but not why you are doing it. The program does look a little intimidating but I will keep you posted on the rest as I start working through the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment